Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Gorgeous Little Maddie

I am a picture fanatic and one thing that has been VERY important to me since I became a mom was to keep up on my kids professional pictures. The first year of their life I do them at newborn, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and then their 1st birthday. After that I do them once a year around their birthday. With Maddies birthday being so close to Christmas I decided to wait til after New Years after things calmed down in our lives and at Kiddie Kandids with everyone going to do their Christmas pictures. Well I set a date to take her and the night before I was watching the news and they said Kiddie Kandids has closed there doors that morning and claimed bankruptcy. I was VERY sad by this because that was the one place i would go to get my kids pictures taken. I have tried other studios and was not impressed whatsoever with their quality and I had numerous problems everywhere else. So needless to say I put off taking her to get her 2 year pictures. I wanted to find someone who does it privately so started doing some research on photographers that do it on the side or on their own rather then at a studio. My friend offered to do them for me but life got hectic after that. My uncles wife had her sons 6 months pictures done by an old friend of hers and when I saw the pictures she took of him I LOVED them. I loved her style and her quality. One thing I loved was she wrote on the pictures and did little collages just like Kiddie Kandids did! So I emailed her and she told me she would do them for me and I called to set up an appointment with her. We went and got them done last Friday at 5:30pm. Of course of all days Maddie refused to take a nap that day. I tried for a couple hours to get her to fall asleep. I gathered everything and loaded the kids up and went and picked up Kamrin from work and we headed to Clearfield to her house where she had a little studio in her basement. Maddie fell asleep about 20 minutes before we got there so we had to wake her up when we got there. This made for a very stubborn and not so happy girl. She pouted ALOT throughout the hour shoot and I left bummed that we wouldnt get many great pictures. A couple days later Hollie posted some of the pictures in her Facebook page and I LOVE them!! I cant wait to see the rest when I get the disc of them all in the next day or so! Here are the few she posted on her page. Ill post more when I get the disc. I found my new favorite photographer for sure!! She is great and does amazing work!!!










3 comments:

lynisom said...

Cutie pie. They turned out really good.

brigette said...

So cute!! Love the pics

Toppy said...

Loves them!