Our Family

Our Family

Friday, October 21, 2011

Yes, No, Maybe So....I Dont Know!!!

We were surprised to learn we are expecting baby #4! We had decided we were done having babies but apparently that was not what was meant to be for us. Funny enough early enough last week I went to the doctor to get on a second form of birth control. Friday I got this really sharp pain on my left side and it got worse by the minute. After a couple hours I decided it was time to go to the ER to get checked out. After blood tests, ultrasounds and urine sample they came in and told me well your pregnant but you are going through a miscarriage. He said my HCG levels were at 95 which is really low for how far along they thought I was. They said they found a sack that measured at 5 weeks 5 days and I told them that wasnt possible because I had just had a normal period exactly 4 weeks ago that day. He didnt listen to me and just said they were sending me home to go through the miscarriage process there and told me symptoms to come back for if I started getting them. The next day I mostly stayed in bed or on the couch resting. Kamrin had went and got 2 pregnancy tests and I took one that day and one the next day to see if the line was fading to make sure my body was registering the miscarriage. Saturday the test was pretty dark and Sunday the line was alot darker. I was so confused. Sunday the pain started getting worse again so that night I decided to go to a different hospital. The hospital I went to on Friday is not part of the network my doc works I so I went to one he could get the reports easy and so on. After telling the nurse what all they told me on friday they decided to o another urine sample, blood tests and ultrasounds. After they looked at all the results from their tests they came in and told me it didnt appear to be a miscarriage especially since I wasnt even spotting. they said my HCG levels more then doubled which is what they do with a normal pregnancy. My levels were now at 273. They said there is no sign of a pregnancy in my uterus which means there is a pregnancy in the wrong spot. They then explained they think I have an etopic pregnancy which means the pregnancy is stuck in my fallopian tube which can be fatal. They said I needed to go see my doc and have my levels checked by my regular doctor and once my levels got between 1000-1500 they would do another ultrasound and if there was still no sign of pregnancy they would take me in for emergency surgery to remove it from my tube before it harmed me at all. I went home a mess!! I was terrified! I have had my appendix out and it was the worst thing I have ever felt. I said back then and I still feel the same way that I rather give birth 100 more times before having surgery ever again. Plus they scared me taking about how careful I needed to be because if it ruptures it would cause internal bleeding and could kill me. So the next morning I called and got an appt with my doctor whom I trust completely so I was so excited to finally hear his opinion on what we do now. I explained everything and he read the reports the hospital had given me and he giggled a few times and told me something I was expecting to hear. He said first of the ultrasound report the first hospital gave me made no sense. He said it said they found an empty sack like structure. He said if is was a baby sack it would have 2 rings around it so it was something like blood or fluid is all. He then explained that it was just way too early to even see anything so of course they werent finding it. He had me come in the next morning to take more blood and sure enough my levels went to 595 so now we will do an ultrasound in Monday and hopefully have answers. He seems to think my pain is from something else and thinks the pregnancy is just fine. I went in to shock a bit! I went the whole weekend thinking I was losing the baby one way or another. Its still very possible. Only time will tell I guess.


Saturday test on top. Sunday on bottom.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Oh my wow. I had no idea you went through this! So glad everything worked out and soon you will have another little one running around!