Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, May 22, 2008

My first plane ride, first time to Vegas and first time away from my babies

Last Thursday Kamrin, his sister Shaless, her husband Jared and I all got on an airplane and headed to Las Vegas. I had never been on an airplane so of course that's the way they chose to travel. The ride there was smooth as could be but the way home was pretty bumpy so I kept turning to Kamrin asking him a million questions about if it was normal, why was it shaking etc. Poor guy! I don't know what was worse my nerves from going on a plane or for leaving my kids. All that day every time I would look at either of them I would cry. I had never been that far from them or for that long so that was tough. When we got to Vegas I was pretty distracted so didn't have too much time to just sit and think of how much I missed them. It also helped that I got none stop updates on them from my sister Kim and got to talk to Jay a few times a day. We stayed for 4 nights and 5 days. It was so much fun and the best vacation of my life but I was so happy to come home and see my babies and my feet were so thankful too. We walked a min of 15 hours on the strip a day. We were able to see all that each hotel has to offer as far as the free shows and we even went to some of the stuff they offer that wasn't so cheap like 2 shows, shark reef, Dolphin pool and the wax museum which was so awesome. We ate buffet after buffet after buffet!! Vegas is such a fun place but it was SO HOT!! I'm still trying to get things back in order here at home. It is amazing to me how much laundry piles up after taking a 5 day break!!!

2 comments:

Amy O'Neill said...

How fun!! You guys did a lot of walking... wow! It is nice to get away... especially without the kiddos. Great pictures!

Toppy said...

Cute new blog layout. Have you tried anymore of the new Mt. Dew's?