Our Family

Our Family

Monday, August 4, 2008

Yellowstone!


We are the Bear family now
(Don't mind my hair please I had been "roughing it" for 4 days)


This bear was just chillin' in the road in the front of our car

Maddie petting a goat

Maddie petting a baby deer

Jay feeding Captain Jack the goat

This one was my favorite. His name is Gizmo

Petting Captain Jack

Jay petting a HUGE pig

He loved all the birds

The moose felt so cool!!!

For some reason he would only touch the turtle with one finger

This is one of my favorite pics I took (besides of my kids of course)

It had a rainbow in there

That water was boiling

Our shirts for this year (we get ones every year)

Aunt Shaless and Uncle Jared with my kiddos

He LOVED being able to watch Barney and Elmo in the car

Taking a "drink" after my baby cookie

I love those eyes and wow look at that smile!

Shaless and Dane in the paddle boats

Here we all are in our tie dyed shirts
Easton, Connor, Tamera and Dane
Pashell, me, Landis and Shaless
Gran holding Maddie, Vali, Kamrin with Jay and Jared


Kamrin's family started a tradition 4 years ago to do their own family reunion with his parents, siblings and their spouses and Gran. This year his cousin Vali came along also. We all got in the car Thursday morning and off we went to Yellowstone National Park. I have never been there so I was excited to go somewhere new. We all squeezed into 2 vehicles (all 13 of us) and our first stop was Pocatello, Idaho where we stopped for lunch. Then we went and met up with Vali and next stop the cabins we stayed in for 3 nights and 4 days. They were about 20 miles out of West Yellowstone. We did so much and seen so much in those 4 days. We went to different parts of the park each day. Some of the highlights for me were Old Faithful, seeing all the wildlife, paddle boating on the little river by the cabins and most of all the stop at Bear World on the ride home. Seeing Jaydan as excited as he was being able to pet goats, deer, an enormous pig, a turtle and the cutest thing was watching him chase around a bunch of chickens, ducks and other birds. It was alot of fun but I am happy to be home and so are my kids. 4 days in the car was rough on then but you would have never known except the couple crying spells they had. They are sure troopers. I am very blessed to have such angels that are both so happy none stop even after sticking them in a car for 4 days.

2 comments:

Scott and Karin said...

WOW! Ashley married Kamrin Hammond! AND she has two kids! That's awesome. I'm glad things are going so well for you! Aren't kids the best and the craziest at the same time? Gotta love 'em and being able to stay home with them.

Toppy said...

Those are some dang cute pics of Jaydan petting all the animals. Does Jenny have those bracelets done yet?