Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Speechless Moment

Through the years my kids have done and said things that have thrown us off guard and gave us chills just thinking of where they came up with it or what made them say it. I know everyone has their own opinions/beliefs on ghosts, the before and after life and things like that but this is from my feelings. I have seen alot of experiences where infants react to a picture of Jesus. Even recently my visiting teaching companion has a baby 2 months older then Kamdyn and we were visiting a family that has a big picture of Christ and that little girl would not take her eyes off of it. Anyways on Sunday Kamrin, Maddie and I were in the kitchen. We werent even talking when all the sudden out of nowhere Maddie said "Mommy when you had your surgery I died" It caught me completely off guard so I had her repeat herself so I could make sure I heard her right. This might not make sense to you all but let me explain why this really gave me chills to have her say that. I had my appendix out Jan 2007. I was pregnant when I had the surgery and a week or so after that I had a miscarriage. We have never talked about that part of my surgery to the kids or even in front of them and in fact havent even talked about it much since then. About 2 months after that miscarriage I got pregnant with Maddie. Hearing her say something like that gave me the chills and especially since I was pregnant at that time and did lose the baby after the surgery. After Kamrin and I just stared at each other in awe for a bit she then said "I know when you got married" I asked her when and she said "I watched you getting married when I was in heaven" That really threw us through a loop especially after what she had just said before that. I truly believe kids are so tuned in to spiritual things like that. Still gives me chills.

No comments: