Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, October 11, 2012

You're Gonna Miss This

Im sure I am not the only mom who has those awful hair pulling days. Dont worry I only pull my own hair out not my kids :-) Yesterday I had one of those days. Brynlee has her first cold and she hasnt been very happen about it so her sleeping has not been great and her lungs are being used ALOT! Kamdyn is well a hand full. He LOVES beating Jaydan and Maddie up! Maddie has been full of attitude. Jaydan has been so wild and misbehaved which is not like him. Dont get me wrong he has his moments but normally he is a pretty obedient kid. Maddie was up coughing all night and Jay woke up at 6am with a headache so I made the decision to keep them home from school for a rest day. They needed it and so did I from the lack of sleep! Big mistake!!! They were all being extra naughty and the 2 youngest were so fussy! About 10am Jaydan decided stayong home for a sick day was no fun at all and asked if I would take him to school. I jumped up and got him ready to go. Yes, I was that excited :-) After dropping him off I put the other 3 down for a nap and the next couple hours were what I really needed after the morning I had! As I was sitting on the couch enjoying the silence a couple songs popped into my head. I got to thinking that some days it is SO hard being a mom and trying to keep control of 4 crazy kids but even on those hard days I wouldnt trade what Im blessed with for anything!! So I might not get to sleep through the night. So I might have break up fight after fight after fight. So I might have to change what feels like 100 diapers a day. So I might have to try to calm down a screaming baby constantly. Might not be fantastic all the time but I have 4 AMAZING kids. They might not be perfect but they sure are a perfect match for me!! I cant imagine my life without these 4 different personalities. They may be brats sometimes but they are MY brats :-) The songs that came to mins are so perfect for the day I had yesterday and I hope the next time I have a bad day I can remind myself that my kids are growing SO fast and to soak it all up. Even the hard stuff. I already miss so many things with how bad they are growing. Here are the lyrics I wanted to remember on my hard mommy days.
 
This is the chorus of Trace Atkins song You're Gonna Miss This
 
You're gonna miss this
You're gonna want this back
You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
These are some good times
So take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you're gonna miss this
 
 
This is It Wont Be Like This For Long from Darius Rucker
 
He didn't have to wake up
He'd been up all night
Layin’ there in bed listenin’
To his new born baby cry
He makes a pot of coffee
He splashes water on his face
His wife gives him a kiss and says
It gonna be OK

It won’t be like this for long
One day we'll look back laughin’
At the week we brought her home
This phase is gonna fly by
So baby just hold on
‘Cause it won't be like this for long

Four years later ‘bout 4:30
She's crawling in their bed
And when he drops her off at preschool
She's clinging to his leg
The teacher peels her off of him
He says what can I do
She says now don't you worry
This’ll only last a week or two

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon you'll drop her off
And she won’t even know you're gone
This phase is gonna fly by
If you can just hold on
It won’t be like this for long

Some day soon she'll be a teenager
And at times he'll think she hates him
Then he'll walk her down the aisle
And he'll raise her veil
But right now she's up and cryin’
And the truth is that he don't mind
As he kisses her good night
And she says her prayers

He lays down there beside her
‘Til her eyes are finally closed
And just watchin’ her it breaks his heart
Cause he already knows

It won’t be like this for long
One day soon that little girl is gonna be
All grown up and gone
Yeah, this phase is gonna fly by
So, he's tryin’ to hold on

‘Cause it won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long

It won’t be like this for long
 
Im definitely gonna miss this!!!!!!

No comments: