Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Labor Day Date


This is what happens when trailers race! They need ALOT of band aids!!!


Mascot bumper cars

More mascot crashing

The winner

Maverick Monster Truck

That monster truck was LOUD!!!



On Monday Kamrin surprised Jaydan and I and took us on a little date. All I knew all weekend was I needed a sitter for just Maddie from 5:30-9:30 and to dress warm and bring some blankets. I couldn't think of what it could be which made it more exciting! Well it ended up being he took us to Rocky Mountain Raceway to see the crashes, fireworks, racing and more crashing!! It was so so so much fun and Jay just had a ball. He is very into cars right now. Every time any of them would crash he told me they had a big boo boo and needed a band aid. Leave it to a 2 year old to think band aids will fix anything :-) We got to see the Maverick Monster Truck (wow that thing is LOUD!!) Then they had all the mascots from around here like the Bee (Bees Baseball) the Grizzly (Grizzlies Hockey) the raccoon (Rocky Mountain Raceways mascot) the Dog (Blaze Arena Football) Hawk (U of U BOOOOOO) the Cougar (BYU GO COUGARS!!!!!!) and that's all I can think of. Anyways they did bumper cars with real cars which was hilarious! The Blaze's mascot won that one. Then they blew up a car, melted a car, jumped a trailer and landed into cars and my favorite was trailer racing. They had 10 to 15 cars, trucks or suvs pulling old camping trailers doing figure 8s on the track and the last one with a trailer still attached won. Those crazy people were driving right through the others trailers to get them to loose their trailers. It was so funny my stomach hurt from laughing so hard! I had an awesome night and I know Jay did too cause he talks about it all the time. Thank you babe for our wonderful surprise!! We love you!!!