Our Family

Our Family

Friday, March 11, 2011

Life Is Precious

This passed week had been one of those week that really has me pondering what is really important in life and whats not. On Monday night when it was storming a girl I grew up with in my ward was in a horrible car accident. She had some broken bones, horrible bruises and injuries that are painful but not life threatening. The pain in her heart is a different story. Her husband was driving the car when they were hit head on by a truck. He was killed in that accident. Though her body will heal her heart never well. I havent seen her in years. I have talked to her only once in a while over Facebook but my heart truly breaks for her. I cant even imagine if that was me. You never wake up in the morning thinking what if this was my last day. What if I lost a loved one today. What if I lost my best friend. I never want to think of not living this life without Kamrin. I never what to think of losing my kids. I dont want to imagine life without those I love most. Truth is it scares me. No, it terrifies me. Instead of focusing on that fact I want to make sure all those around me know how much they mean to me and how much I love them. If it is my last day or theirs I want to have the peace that I did all I could to show my love and appreciation for them. You always think of horrible things like that as "That will never happen to me" But truth is Im sure people who have had those horrible things happen felt the same way. When I woke up today I heard of the earthquake in Japan. Once again got me thinking of life and how precious every second is. Tonight I will tell my kids and husband how much I love them! Give them extra hugs and kisses! I will make an effort to say and show my family and in laws how much I love them. I will treat everyday as my last. I feel so blessed to have so many AMAZING people in it. So give those you love an extra hug tonight :-)

No comments: