Our Family

Our Family

Monday, March 14, 2011

Rewards

My kids have been feeling the stress of mommy and daddy lately. We are trying to get our house on the market and doing all the big projects that go along with that. Also Kamrin is starting a new job next Monday (YAY!!) and just the normal juggling a family with 3 kids. So with all this change and stress going in their behavior has changed a bit and I wanted to get it under control before it got out of hand. Also I like spoiling my kids but I have seen in many occasions that kids that are spoiled and dont have to have any responsibilities well they are brats. They are old enough now to clean up after themselves so I got this great idea from my friend. I went and got little baskets, put their names with stickers, let the kids decorate them with stickers and went and got a roll of tickets for each kid. I sat them down and explained what these tickets mean. Basically they earn the tickets for good behavior and helping out. I gave examples of things that would earn them tickets. Then I went and got some prizes and even let them pick some out and put them in a tote. After so many tickets they get to buy a prizes for the tote. I have heard and read that you shouldnt take their reward away even because of bad behavior because that is taking away from something they have already earned. I needed something to do for bad behavior so I came up with my own solution that wouldnt be taking away tickets. I told them they get 1 warning when they are acting up and then I take away one of their favorite toys and put it in the prize tote so they have to earn tickets to get it back. Pretty smart huh :-) I just started it a few days ago and I can already tell a difference!!

1 comment:

brigette said...

great idea!! Stuff like this is great for kids