Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Poor Little Jay!!!!

My fingers are crossed so tight right now that Jaydans surgery will go as scheduled this Tuesday! The last couple days he has come down with a cold that has brought on a horrible cough. So bad that it has caused him to throw up 3 times from coughing so hard. Last night we took him to Discovery Gateway for his last big outing for a while til he is recovered from surgery. He had a BLAST! He got to enjoy it with Gran (Kamrins grandma), Hamma and Hampa (Kamrins parents), us and Maddie. After we walked across the street to DoDos to eat and the coughing came back and it was there he threw up twice more. This morning he woke up looking HORRIBLE! I knew it was time to go to the doc. My thoughts were if there was a chance it could be anything that the doc could help with I needed to start treatment today or the surgery would be post poned. So after waiting a half hour on hold to get him an appt at Kids Care I decide just to go in and wait. The receptionist was not really friend or nice for that matter. Yes, I know he has a horrible cough but have you ever tried to keep a mask on a 2 year old?!? Impossible! I did my best to cover his mouth! The nurse was friendly and very nice. The doctor came in and wow was she RUDE!! I have NEVER had to deal with such a rude doctor!! Every time I opened my mouth telling her all the symptoms he had she would interrupt with "Yup sounds like a cold" so as I tell her he had a low grade fever most of the weekend between 100 and 101 and she informs me that is not a fever! According to her a fever doesnt start til 104!! Ill stick with every other doc I or my kids have seen that a low grade fever is 99-102 and anything above is concerning!! 104 or higher you better get to a doc or hospital before your brain fries!! So after looking at me like I was an idiot for taking him in with a cold she starts to exam him. She asks if he ever gets ear infections and says its not just a cold it is a double ear infection! HA HA STUPID DOC I KNEW IT!! My motherly instinct was more accurate then her professional option! Do you know how hard it was not to laugh at her and say I told ya so after all the crap I had been through with that staff?!? So she tells me she will get the prescription and the nurse would come do a saline solution and drain out his nose. He didnt like that 1 tiny bit! He looked at me and said I leave here right now mommy!! As the doc came back in to give me the prescription she looked at me and rudely says anything else? GRRRR I had to leave before I blew up on them all!! So now we are facing the possibility of him wanting to wait to do the surgery not because of the ear infection but because of the cough and mucus. We will see tomorrow I guess. Jay got a blessing today and Im really hoping by tomorrow morning his cough is gone and that will make the surgeon okay with going ahead with it. I cant wait anymore. The waiting game is killing me.

No comments: