Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

New Surgery Date

The surgeon that will be operating on Jaydans cheek called today and wanted to do the surgery sooner then January 27th so now it will be a week from today January 20th. The change has its pros and cons for me. I cant wait just to get it over with and get the results sooner but the down side is now my nerves are worse just thinking of it being so close and now I have a week less to prepare myself. I have complete faith in the surgeon and medical staff up at Primary Childrens but he is my baby so that really doesnt help much. Im sure everyone is right that everything will be okay but like I said he is my baby and nothing about this is comforting. There is nothing that comforts me that they will be cutting my babys face open and the worst part is I cant be right by his side holding his hand through it. Its gonna be so hard for me to watch them take him back there to be operated on. If everything goes well the surgery should take just under an hour but it will be the LONGEST hour of my life! It just breaks my heart to look at my little man and think of what he will be going through next week.

1 comment:

Anna said...

I know Megan's procedure wasn't the same as Jayden's will be, but they really take great care of the kids there. I was really impressed. I also surprised myself by being really strong when they took her back; recovery was harder, just because they are so out of it. I will be thinking about you and praying for you. If you need anything while you are up there, let me know...I am just down the street and can get there fairly quickly. I will get your number from Suz/Shawn.