Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sleep

When you become a mom the word sleep becomes a foreign word to you. You forget what it even means. With your first baby when you get pregnant your body prepares you for a newborn. You wake up quite a few times in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and also having a huge belly that moves doesnt make it easy to sleep as is. When you have the baby your up every couple hours feeding and changing it. When they sleep its sometimes hard to sleep because if your like me I was very paranoid and had to check on my baby 100 times a night. With Jaydan he was up every 2-3 hours and the second he started stirring we would make a mad dash to the kitchen to fix his bottle cause oh man the second he was awake enough to realize he was hungry the whole house heard all about it loud and clear. He didnt start sleeping through the night til 7 or 8 months old. Then there was Maddie. She pretty much slept through the night from day 1. The first week or so I would be the one to wake her up to eat til I realized how crazy I was lol. If she was hungry enough she would wake up on her own so I took advantage and slept as much as possible. The last few months Maddie has decided since she skipped the newborn non sleeping stage it would be a nice time to go through it. She wakes up at least a few times a night crying. Im not even quite 10 weeks along and I already wake up once or twice a night to go to the bathroom. That is not a good sign to how much I will need to go when the baby is bigger then a grape :-) I usually do okay with no sleep but being pregnant it is so hard. Im always so exhausted and can never catch up on sleep. Its so hard to find the energy to get my daily duties done plus give my kids all the attention they need. I hope these sleepless nights dont last. I really would love to sleep through the night a couple months before we start the journey of another newborn,

No comments: