Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Erilyn Riley Shorts

There is a new addition to the Hammond Clan!! Pashell and Travis welcomed their 1st baby December 22, 2011 at 6:31am! Its a girl! Her name is Erilyn Riley Shorts. She weighed 5 pounds 9 ounces and is 19 1/2 inches. We are SO excited to have this little one in our family! Up until now Kamrin and I have been the only one on his side to have babies so this is very exciting!

Pashell has been measuring small so she has had to go in weekly to have her fluid checked and a stress test on baby. Her fluid was low at first but then went up great for a few weeks. She had her tests yesterday morning then was going to meet us at the salon for Maddies birthday to get pedicures. Baby had different plans. Her fluid was at 12 the week before and dropped all the way to 5 yesterday so for mommy and babys healthy they doctor said it was time to induce labor. They let her leave for a few hours and just told her to be to check in to start being induced at 3pm. We told her to come get a pedicure and get her toes cute for birth and she was all over that. A while back she invited me to be in the room when she had it. I say it because until this morning we had no idea if it was a boy or girl. Anyways I was very excited because although I have given birth 3 times I have never actually seen one. So I got updates throughout the evening and when I put the kids to bed I laid on the couch for a bit and decided I was not going to be able to get any sleep anyways and she seemed to be progressing good so I just headed up to the hospital around 930pm. We waited and waited and got very very tired. Poor girl was having problems with the epidural so was still very uncomfortable. She was a 3 1/2 around 3am but her water had already broke on its on. Of course it was very little due to being so low. So we did alot more waiting and by 5am she was at an 8 in pain out of 10 and thats with the epidural so we called the the nurse and sure enough she was a 10 and ready to push. 5:40am doc showed up and they started the pushing. 6:31am out came baby and we hear "Its a girl" I wont get into detail about birth cause its not mine to tell but my part of the experience was AMAZING! Nothing like seeing a new life come into the world! Yes, I have been through it 3 times and had that amazing part but its very different being in the other side of the bed! Baby Erilyn swallowed ALOT of fluid and was having a hard time breathing so she is in the NICU getting assistance breathing. Mom is doing great. Sure she just wishes she could be with her new baby of course. Im so thankful to Pashell and Travis for letting me be there as the became parents. I already love that little girl and cant wait to be able to actually hold her and love on her when her lungs cooperate! Welcome to the family baby girl!!!










Mommy holding baby right before she headed to the NICU

No comments: