Our Family

Our Family

Friday, June 25, 2010

Hammond Family Vacation Day 1

Every year we go on a vacation with all of Kamrins family. This year we went to the Grand Canyon and the headed to Rockin R Ranch. On Saturday June 19th we all met at Kamrins parents house at 6 am! We loaded up and headed out. Even though we took our van my little family rode in Kamrins grandmas cross over so the kids could watch movies on her dvd player and also so the taller people could have more stretching room in the van. We made a stop at a place called Cove Fort which is a church historical place where President Hinkleys grandparents used to run. We watched a movie on it then took the tour of it. We made it about half way through the tour when I walked into the girls bed room when I started feeling weird. The lady who was giving us our tour started telling us about the room and her voice started sounding like she was getting farther and farther away. I walked out of the room and leaned on the stone wall to try and brace myself. Everything started going dark at that point and then I hear my mother in law say my name and she started talking to me but I have no idea what she was saying. I remember her grabbing me and next thing I know I am on the ground and everyone was around me seeing if I was okay. Im not sure how long I was out but I know it was long enough that someone took my jacket off and put it under my head. Luckily my mother in law helped brace my fall and my father in law caught my head so I didnt hit in on the cement. I have no idea why I passed out. I had eaten and drank alot at that point. I wasnt hot either so I really have no idea what went wrong. I was more concerned about the baby then myself at that point. Kamrin took me back to the car while everyone finished the tour. It was pretty scary but I felt okay after I passed out just felt a little off but not like I was going to pass out again. After that we headed to Beaver and stopped at a diner for lunch. After lunch we got shakes from Arbys! Yum! While in Beaver we stopped at the cheese factory there and bought tons of cheese curds! They are my favorite!!! After we finished everything in Beaver we headed to the lodge we were staying at the first night which was just outside of the north rim of the Grand Canyon. When we checked in we found out they only gave us 2 rooms instead of the 2 we reserved. We had to plan sleeping arrangements different but it all worked out in the end though. Once we all got our luggage in our rooms and knew what beds we were all in we went to the lodges diner to eat dinner. Their food was AMAZING!!! After dinner most of us were so tried from all the driving we fell asleep way early!


Where we stayed the first night

Maddie at the lodges dine
The whole family outside the 2 cabins we stayed at

1 comment:

brigette said...

Sounds like such a fun vacation!