Our Family

Our Family

Monday, December 29, 2008

12 Month Check Up!

Today I took Maddie to her 12 month check up and a check up on her ears. My baby is getting so so big!! She is now 21 lbs and 13 ozs and 27 inches long! Amazing seens how only a year ago she was 6 lbs and 2 ozs and 18 1/2 inches long. The doc said she is right where she needs to be for her age and is growing great. Poor girl had 4 shots and after torturing her with those they drew blood!! I dont know who it was worse for her or me! It broke my heart having to help hold my baby down while they poked her over and over! I felt horrible! He checked her ears and said there was still some fluid but thats normal after an infection. Great news though she will NOT need tubes right away! He wants to see how the next month or 2 go before decided. He said its not so alarming since they keep switching ears and are usually after a cold or teething from the drainage and not from the canals being too small. This made me very happy! Now I can just focus on what lies ahead with Jay and getting him better whatever that may be. I was so stressed just thinking of them both being down around the same time. Only 8 days left til we go to meet with the surgeon for him. I am very excited and nervous at the same time. I hate not knowing what to expect and this appt will help give us some answers but Im also nervous that he might give us bad news. I feel in my heart he will be okay but you never know and I have been preparing myself just in case its not the news we are all hoping for. My life has had many ups and downs right now and Im hoping his appt will be another to add to my ups! Im very thankful that Maddie is looking healthy and growing great! I hope we find that Jaydan is the same next Wednesday!!

No comments: