Our Family

Our Family

Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Polar Express!!

Okay so I know this is my 100th post lately but hey we have had alot of fun things going on. I must admit that I had one of the very best night with my kids that I have ever had tonight!! Around Christmas Gran (Kamrins grandma) takes us all to do something very special. Last year we ate at The Garden which has the BEST deep fried pickles (sounds nasty but is SO GOOD) Then we went on a stretch Hummer limo ride to one of my favorite houses to go to during Christmas. I was ready to pop with Maddie that night and was so worried I would go into labor since I had been contracting all night but I guess she didnt want to be born in a limo :-) Anyways.... This year we went to the Homestead in Midway for dinner and man it was YUMMY!! Then we went to the Heber Creeper which for the holidays its the Polar Express. Jay is very in to choo choos right now so I was so excited to take him! He was just as excited as I thought he would be. The train is decorated with Christmas lights and everything. As we were pulling away the storyteller/entertainer told us we would be getting hot chocolate, cookies, we would sing songs, read Polar Express and then we would be to the North Pole where Santa would be waiting for us and he would get on the train and go from cart to cart and ride back to the station with us. After she read the story she had anyone who wanted come up and sing a song in the microphone for everyone. She said they could sing a Christmas song or any other song they wanted so a few kids got up to sing. Jay kept going between all of us at this time. He had came to me which we were 2 rows by the little area they were singing and all of the sudden Jay pulled away from me and went up and climbed on the seat and she gave him the microphone and he said Ho Ho Ho and Merry Christmas so I hurried and pulled out my camera to record it and he started singing Twinkle Twinkle and everyone joined in to help him. I was so proud of my brave little man who just went up and stole the show!! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen!! Then we arrived to the North Pole and Jay was glued to the window looking at him. We of course was the last cart he came in but it was worth the wait!! The second Jay laid eyes on him he got the biggest smile I have ever seen on him! He was waving none stop and grinning from ear to ear! When Santa reached him he gave Jay a bell which Jay thought was so neat! It all was so fun not only because I had a good time but it made me so beyond happy to see my little guy so happy and so excited the entire time and I could just tell but the look on his face he was on cloud 9 the entire night and that is one of the best parts of being a mom!! Gran thank you so much for taking us on these special nights and making these wonderful memories for us all!! I know that this is what I will be hearing about from Jay for weeks :-)


In front of the Polar Express waiting to board

Bundled up

Im empty handed I swear!!!

I LOVE MY FAMILY!!

Me with my little princess!

Jay caught the eye of everyone! Even the conductor let him wear his hat for a while!

Jaydan looking at the conductors watch
Shaless and Jared

Dane and Tamera aka Hampa and Hamma. That is what Jay calls them because he mixed Hammond in with grandpa and grandma. Smart little boy!! He came up with it all on his own!!

Easton

Landis and Connor. Doesnt he look so happy

Pashell and Gran

Jay watching Santa out the window

This is Jays reaction when he first saw Santa!! So cute!!

Jay so excited about the bell Santa gave him

Jay hiding behind Santas beard!

Jay loving the girl elves!!

Maddie going to hug Jay at the end! I love moments like this!!

2 comments:

Wall family said...

I Love Fried pickles. There used to be a place here that made them and we dipped them in Ranch. Rylee would have loved the train too. Too bad we live so far away.

Sparker said...

You should post the video of his little performance!